Video is the king of content marketing. It engages almost all of your senses, it can pull on the heartstrings, make you laugh and simplify the most complex of solutions in an easily digestible manner. Here's seven inescapable reasons why you need a video marketing strategy in 2018:
- People love video: By 2019, 80% of internet traffic is predicted to be video. So if you’re hoping to reach people online, video is clearly the best way to do this.
- People trust video: Not only is video engaging and easy to consume, it also builds trust. Whether it's an explainer video, a company story video, a product video, an emotion driven brand story or a testimonial video, you can generate trust for your brand. Establishing trust is important if you want to attract, qualify and convert new customers.
- Sales love video: The Aberdeen Group found that video gets 65% more qualified leads per year. And a study by Eyeview found that adding video to your landing page increases conversions by 80%. With all this love for video, it's no wonder that 83% of businesses say that video provides good return on investment. The same report found that of those surveyed 81% saw an increase in sales and 53% reported a reduction in support calls.
- Search Engines love video: That's right, the world’s largest search engine loves video. Seomoz reported that blog posts with video attract three times as many inbound links which obviously helps SEO, it also increases a page’s stickiness, thus explaining why your website is 53 times more likely to show up first on Google if it has video. The second largest search engine also loves video – YouTube. As YouTube is owned by Google, your video results will impact your ranking. And if you produce great content for youtube, viewers will be attracted to your site to find out more.
- Social Media loves video: Its not just Google and YouTube that favor video, with the knowledge that there are 8 billion video views on Facebook everyday, it's no surprise that Facebook has also updated its algorithm to favour video. And according to Twitters own figures, Tweets with videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than photos.
- Email loves video: The benefits of video being engaging and entertaining obviously works well for email too. Eloqua found that including video in an introductory email increased clickthrough rates by 96%.
- Mobile loves video: Video is user-friendly as it works across all devices. This is good news, as according to Youtube mobile video consumption grows by 100% each year.
Video presents information faster and more intuitively than written content. It is viral in nature, provides easy accessibility to information and has a real impact on your audience. To find out more about how video could help your marketing, please drop us a line, we would love to help.
February 20, 2018